Ghost Hunt: 'The Crypt Was Large And Empty. Then I Realised I Was Not Alone’




Some time ago I wrote a flippant article for this newspaper about ghosts, and received a lot of letters urging me to take the matter more seriously. One asked me if I was aware that Nell Gwynne was presently haunting a strip club in Soho. It turns out that such fancies are not uncommon. A new poll tells us that 55 per cent of Britons believe in the supernatural and one in ten think they have a supernatural gift.

The findings make sense. Why wouldn’t people want to believe in ghosts? Doesn’t the thought that the “bump in the night” is more than just the central heating playing up give us all a little thrill? It means that the great adventure of life doesn’t end with death. You’ve got many more years ahead of you of floating about invisible and unhindered. No more long queues at airport check-in for this disembodied soul...

Full Article


Comments