A Skeptic Meets a Psychic: When You Can See Into the Future, How Do You Handle Uncertainty?

The office is in a converted Victorian. The walls are painted a deep blue, the windows framed in white. A folding screen sits in one corner. In the middle of the carpet are two comfy chairs, separated by a table. One wall is covered in lush, green plants that grow from cloth pockets heavy with soil. The day’s last bright rays of sunshine bathe the room. Like most therapists’ offices, this one treads that fine line between cozy and professional.

Except, this is not a therapist’s office. It’s a psychic’s office, and I’m about to have my fortune told for the first time ever.

You might say that I’m a “hopeful skeptic.” I have a Google alert set for “Loch Ness Monster” but I get that she probably isn’t there. (If you are reading this Nessie, I am sorry.)

Source: Pacific Standard

Comments