Local Urban Legends That Would Make Terrifying Horror Movies

It’s clear to anyone who has spent even half a second on the internet that people really, really love reading about creepy urban legends. I love the paranormal and supernatural as much as anyone, but seriously, how many times can you read about some version of the Bloody Mary or Vanishing Hitchhiker myth before it feels like you’ve already heard them all? That’s why, when I write these real-life horror pieces, I try to focus on the stories you may not have heard of, like last week’s North American monsters article.

This week, I thought I’d take you on a tour of some chilling urban legends that are specific to one region of the country, and hopefully, not any that you’ve heard before.

Read to the end…and then feel free to add your own sinister local legend in the comments!

Source: Movie Pilot

Comments