Ghost Of Nell Gwynn Saved Lauderdale House Warden FromRampaging Evil Spirit


The warden of Lauderdale House has told of a terrifying night 17 years ago when a rampaging ghost burst into his bedroom at the mansion.

Operations manager Peter Gallagher, 58, feared for his life during the encounter shortly after he began his live-in job.

It followed a tough period in his life and his overwhelming experience on moving into the Grade II-listed house in Waterlow Park was that the historic figures who had lived there in the past did not welcome him.

Mr Gallagher, also an artist, said: “I thought I was almost being watched by history, by the characters.

“I thought am I good enough to measure up to these people, will they accept me? I felt the gravity of history on my shoulders strongly.”

Strange sounds in the night, eerie bangs and ghostly piano playing soon began to disturb him.

Source: Ham & High

Comments