The Ghost Behind You

In one of Baghdad’s neighborhoods, which is known for its violence and widespread folk beliefs, Ameer wanted to visit his acquaintances’ house during the night but he was afraid since the fight that they had in the last week. He walked down the road but there was something strange, he felt that there is someone following him in every step; this “presence” was to his left back side. Whenever Ameer stopped, this presence stopped. Ameer reports, “It was so strange feeling; I wasn’t afraid of it but I was afraid that there is someone following me who wants harm to me. So I turned my head to look at it, but there was nothing! Strangely this ‘presence’ didn’t make any sound while moving behind me. I can describe it as a dwarf, a female dwarf. I told my family about it and they said it is one of the ‘Jinn’ called the ‘Taba’a’ or the follower.”
This ghostly feeling is known as the feeling of a presence (FoP), which is the feeling of someone near you when there is no one. It is not the same as an out-of-body experience, in which the person sees his or her body from the outside, or the doppelgänger effect, in which the person sees and interacts with an exact image of him or herself.

Full Article: http://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/the_ghost_behind_you

Comments