8 Real Haunted Houses Where You Can Stay The Night, If You Dare

For foodies, September kicks off pumpkin spice season, but for Halloween enthusiasts, the month before October begins a short duration of time dedicated to all things horror-themed. From books to movies to real-life attractions, fall is prime time for adrenaline levels to spike with fear, and if you thought staged hayrides and deep-rooted mazes gave you a thrill, there are a handful of haunted places to stay overnight sans actors and cheesy, overdone costumes that offer an authentic scare.

I’ve been a fan of haunted houses since I was a kid, and even though I will most likely end up clinging to any article of clothing I can grab onto with my clammy hands, or hovering behind the tallest, largest person in the group for “protection,” I cannot get enough of getting scared. Sitting through horror films, inhaling Stephen King novels, walking through high corn stalks at night, you name it, and I’m probably game. But, I’ve yet to check off an overnight stay at a haunted house from my Halloween-themed bucket list.

Haunted houses are legendary, and there are plenty around the country if you do your research. Here are a few overnight stays that promise paranormal encounters you can brag about to all your friends.

Full Article: http://elitedaily.com/life/8-real-haunted-houses-can-stay-night-dare/2066660/

Image Source: https://grizzlybomb.com/2012/10/21/the-shining-the-most-complex-horror-film-ever-made/

Comments